Great First Job or College Job

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in La Habra, CA
Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in La Habra, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are rather flexible. For the most part the people you work with are really awesome people. Access to good coffee and food. New relationships with customers can be rewarding.

Cons

Pay is not as good as it should be. It's a service job, many customers will not treat you with respect. Company sometimes forgets to look out for their employee's.

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. Great job! Fun work!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Under the right leadership, tasks and duties are accomplished through proper training and your own dedication. Starbucks benefits are a plus. If you are a people person, then this is the position for you. If advancement is in your future and you have the skills to move up, you will gain support from management.

Cons

The pay and it's a lot of work. If you don't like to clean then this is not the job for you. Aside from the expected duties, cleaning is essential for this position. I don't mind it but many people aren't willing to work as hard as I due to the pay or natural laziness of such individual.

Barista

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! It is a perfect job for students or young people who are looking for customer service or general work experience. I took a job here when I moved back home after graduating college and even though I thought I was underemployed, I do not regret the decision for a second. Starbucks offers flexible hours with mostly friendly and young people. The company offers incredible benefits for only part-time work and even offers some tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It can be tough to get hours if you aren't a supervisor or are willing to work at multiple locations when they need someone. Like much of the food service industry, the job requires a lot of hard work (and often fake smiles) for very little compensation. Customers who are caffeine or sleep deprived can be a pain at times and you just have to learn to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Pay supervisors more. They do middle management level work with little wage increase. Keep up the good work!