There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Love, love, love my job.

Current Employee - Barista in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Barista in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at Starbucks for a few months now.

-Tips. About $30 a week.
-Regular customers can make your day.
-Unlimited free drinks.
-One pound of free coffee a week.
-Plenty of hours to go around.
-Different positions to work, bar, store support, order support, DTO, cold bar..
-If you work morning shift, yes, it's VERY early, 4:30 AM early, but you are off by 10:30AM and have the whole day ahead of you.
-The training, at least at my store, was awesome. From the moment I started, I learned everything about Starbucks, its history, the history of coffee beans, Howard Shultz's story, etc.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are that they started me off at minimum wage, but I've always started minimum wage everywhere thanks to many retail jobs, but from what I hear, there is a .60 cent raise every six months.

Only other con I can think of is you HAVE to find someone to replace your shift for you. Even if you're sick and laying in the hospital, you're expected to call everyone and ask them to work for you, and 90% of the time, they don't want to and you either better be extremely sick, or get hopped up on meds and just go for your few hours.

Advice to Management

My Starbucks is listed as the fastest in the nation, average drive through being a 30 second window. My manager pushes us hard, makes unreasonable requests, and constantly makes us move, move, move. At first, it got on my last nerves, but it makes us so much faster. After visiting other Starbucks around town, I saw how slow and unclean other stores were, and it made me appreciate mine much more. So management, don't be afraid to push your baristas for better service, because waiting for your drinks for ten minutes as opposed to 30 seconds makes all the difference.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun place to work

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee. Fun employees to work with.

Cons

Crappy hours, overworked, and understaffed. Hard to move up after shift lead position.

Advice to Management

Please fix the scheduling.

2. Barista

Former Employee - Barista in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Barista in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome management
    Room to grow with the company

Cons

Early hours, late nights
    A lot of cleaning