Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

No opportunities, cost of living raises, or promotions at SSC

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - IT Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Central location is easy to find with many commuting options to ferry, busses, trains and a large parking garage and parking lot with shuttle bus.

Cons

Salary not adjusted for inflation. No promotions anymore, only new hires get upper positions. High turnover, too many SSC people are quitting. We are told that training dollars are available but are not approved to use them even when the class is completely in line with job or project. Then we are yelled at for not taking any training. Standard policy to give 70% of partners an across the board " meets expectations" in spite of actual performance. The 70% get a 1% pay raise (note, it is always less than inflation so your effective salary drops every year). Mgrs make up the remaining higher ratings and pay raises and they get bonuses.

Adjust salaries for inflation (we make less money every year). Bring back promotions - quit giving position to new hires that should be promotions for existing partners. Stop the "if you don't like it here then quit" attitude and try to find a way to keep people. Rate people on performance not a schedule. Give bonuses to everyone (even baristas). No ratings raise should be less than inflation.

Other reviews for Starbucks

Soon there will be suicide nets outside the windows...

Former Employee - Barista  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Barista in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Fun when well staffed, easy, mindless work, benefits to part time employees.

Cons

Tremendous disorganization, CEO makes $27.5 million a year, we get minimum wage and shorted on labor, managers still have to play barista while juggling store management duties, improperly equipped- Starbucks developed playbook, a system of routines to maximize work efficiency, but by also taking every ounce of fun and personalization out of it, and instead of utilizing technology to make things easier we get plastic cubes (literally).

Stop being greedy, because it's so obvious i dont know how you could even try to cover it up.... Over three years with the company and you see how it exponentially transforms into a McDonald's (obsessed with transaction times versus customer satisfaction and drink quality.... Why? We were fast enough before and our customers liked us better.)

The guests were the higthlight of the job!

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in New Orleans, LA

Pros

All the coffee we wantedto drink. discounts and easy uniforms.

Cons

young managers without discernment, played favorites often and didn't do their share of work

use the cameraq you have everywhere and see how wrongly the policies are abused. The comoany used to be a place to be super proud of mentioning as a former employee. Sadly all they care about is numbers and quasa reports these days, everything else is replaceable.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!