Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

No opportunities, cost of living raises, or promotions at SSC

Current Employee - IT Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - IT Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Central location is easy to find with many commuting options to ferry, busses, trains and a large parking garage and parking lot with shuttle bus.

Cons

Salary not adjusted for inflation. No promotions anymore, only new hires get upper positions. High turnover, too many SSC people are quitting. We are told that training dollars are available but are not approved to use them even when the class is completely in line with job or project. Then we are yelled at for not taking any training. Standard policy to give 70% of partners an across the board " meets expectations" in spite of actual performance. The 70% get a 1% pay raise (note, it is always less than inflation so your effective salary drops every year). Mgrs make up the remaining higher ratings and pay raises and they get bonuses.

Adjust salaries for inflation (we make less money every year). Bring back promotions - quit giving position to new hires that should be promotions for existing partners. Stop the "if you don't like it here then quit" attitude and try to find a way to keep people. Rate people on performance not a schedule. Give bonuses to everyone (even baristas). No ratings raise should be less than inflation.

5367 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Soon there will be suicide nets outside the windows...

Former Employee - Barista in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Barista in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun when well staffed, easy, mindless work, benefits to part time employees.

Cons

Tremendous disorganization, CEO makes $27.5 million a year, we get minimum wage and shorted on labor, managers still have to play barista while juggling store management duties, improperly equipped- Starbucks developed playbook, a system of routines to maximize work efficiency, but by also taking every ounce of fun and personalization out of it, and instead of utilizing technology to make things easier we get plastic cubes (literally).

Stop being greedy, because it's so obvious i dont know how you could even try to cover it up.... Over three years with the company and you see how it exponentially transforms into a McDonald's (obsessed with transaction times versus customer satisfaction and drink quality.... Why? We were fast enough before and our customers liked us better.)

Depending on what manager you have, you can hate or love your job.

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Flexible hours, mandatory 30 minute breaks, reviews with raises, tips

Cons

Management can make or break a store, lazy coworkers, big work load for not enough pay.

Keep a closer eye on managers. There are plenty out there who get away with murder.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks