10+ Years and still have a positive view

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and support. We have some great benefits (stock purchase, stock grant, 401k, etc). The culture is one of community service and team work. Most employees work here because this is the company they want to work for. This draws like minded talent to the company.

Cons

Change moves slow. The buy in for projects and initiatives is long and drawn out. Whole projects have been delayed years when a director level employee wants to keep the status as is for as long as possible. The culture does not allow for direct confrontation or an aggressive management style. The Northwest itself is very passive aggressive and it is amplified at the HQ.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing the idea that we have the best pay/benefits and we need to convince our employees that is true. The market has shown that we are not on the high end of compensation for the area. Talent moves to Amazon, MS, Nike, T-mobile for higher pay and positions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love the benefits; The environment it iffy.

Former Employee - Barista Trainer in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Barista Trainer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Starbucks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits People Perks Product Individuality.

Cons

Being scheduled outside your home store and not being notified. Avoiding problematic partners despite the safety of others.

Advice to Management

The partners should be more of a focus then just the customers. The customer is not always right. Partners should feel safe in the environment they work in. They should want to come to work and not feel like it's obligation to serve pretentious Jerks or dealing with Partner who are not right for the role of a Barista. Partners should not feel unappreciated and should not be talked to like children when they are working at full potential. When a Partner is interested in a promotion and working on the goal; They should not be overlooked and passed up for someone who is less qualified because of the manager playing favorites.

2. Great COMPANY, terrible management DEPENDING

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly tips, great benefits, free pound of coffee a week, free drinks on breaks, if you love coffee here it is!

Cons

Long hours, this job will become your life if you are a Supervisor or up and don't stop it, store managers can sometimes be terrible

Advice to Management

PLEASE take a look at the lower ranked stores. Most Partners are too afraid of their Managers too ever file a complaint to Corporate and can end up suffering under terrible work conditions. Many of us actually want to follow Policy but when our Managers refuse to even stick to the rules, it is extremely hard for us to. When anything goes wrong with a DM or RM coming to take a look at the store, managers usually don't take direct blame and put it onto the Supervisors after they leave. Please PLEASE look deeper into your stores.