There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

During my time at Starbucks this companies culture was second to none.

Former Employee - District Manager in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - District Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to move up in the company was achievable and the path was clear. Great benefits even for part time employees and a supportive work atmosphere.

Cons

Holding on to part time and entry level salary employees was difficult. Wages are to small for a metropolitan area.

reviews filtered by
  1. No Place Like it

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Starbucks (more than 8 years)

Pros

Starbucks pioneered what Employee Benefits should look like. No employer in the world holds a candle to what Starbucks does for the community! If you have benefits in a part time role, You can basically thank Starbucks for making this possible. They basically invented this concept.
    Starbucks isa great place to build a career and learn about leadership. College gave me the book skills and Starbucks shaped me as a leaders. I am really thankful for the experiance.

Cons

The hours are long. Allow store managers a little more input on the operational piece on how to run the third place.

2. Great co-workers, an awesome environment, part-time employees get stock options."

Former Employee - Barista in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Barista in San Diego, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Honestly, and I'm sure every barista thinks this, my store was the best. I had a chill manager, great co-workers, even our regulars were a lot of fun (the non-regulars had a tendency to be more uptight and picky). It was the only job I've had so far where I actually looked forward to going to work each day, even if it was at 6am and I was working 4 hours before heading off to class.

Cons

While my store was fun, I wish I'd gotten a bit more hands-on training about coffee. Like get to know coffee the way hipster cafes do, but without the snobbiness.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks