Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

I have learned what it feels like to work for a company that truly values and cares for their employees.

Current Employee - Barista in The Woodlands, TX
Current Employee - Barista in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible hours and schedules, ability to move up in company, good values.

Cons

Cheap salary, the downsides of working with food + beverage, pros and cons greatly depend on management.

If Starbucks wants to treat their partners as how Howard himself has said they should be treated, management (including store, district, and regional managers) should also have this value and belief in mindset. Starbucks' vision can be easily skewed when it certain managers have completely dismembered the Starbucks mission within the community. Care about your partners, and they will care about the company.

5610 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Working at Starbucks was an excellent experience, including my work with patrons and upper management.

Former Employee - Certified Barista in Bristol, VA
    Former Employee - Certified Barista in Bristol, VA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The community was great, and I loved my customers. The scheduling was also worked really well with my school schedule. Most days, I was excited to go to work, because it was fun.

Cons

The balance of power wasn't great. There were days when I didn't feel like I had an advocate in management. It's also like any other customer service job - you're going to have days where the customers suck.

I think that the store managers need more support from district managers.

great

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours
    great people to work with
    a lot of opportunity

Cons

Difficult to stay motivated, customer service can be taxing on one's emotions

Corporate should look for more potential from their retail stores when hiring for their corporate offices, it makes more sense to look for people who already know the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks