Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Challenging environment where every personal skill has an opportunity to be put to the test.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best things about working for Starbucks, is the clear structure to how to be a productive employee. If you're looking to promote and are willing to put in effort, most managers are willing and are trained in developing the partners.

Cons

One downside to working for Starbucks in the field is the hours, if the store you work at has wide open hours, then so do you.

Look for avenues for which the field partners could be compensated in a greater take home pay.

5133 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

A positive journey where I have met and learned from so many interesting people - "one cup at a time!"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best coffees in the world, that I can not only French press on a daily basis, but pour a cup for myself, a partner, and the next customer or two, grab one of our fabulous new French pastries that pairs with the coffee I chose, hmm almond croissant, drink and eat and talk about the experience with the customers, and I get to call that work!!!
    Nurturing and fostering the human spirit with partners, customers, and people in the community, because Starbucks encourages each and every employee to get out there and get involved in your own community and make it a better place, every time I volunteer Starbucks donates money to that organization- my hourly wage multiplied by hours I volunteered! April is global month of sharing, I didn't know this before working for Starbucks. Making people smile and brightening there day is a pretty awesome job requirement!

Cons

Not a huge room for advancement at the local level.
    Not as much promoting from within as there used to be.

Promote from within it just makes sence!

A company with a great moral culture, but limited advancement opportunity beyond the store level and subpar pay.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

culture, great relationships developed with partners and customers, great benefits, free coffee, great training

Cons

low pay, subpar computer systems, horrible labor and scheduling systems, District Manager level positions continually are filled with external hires, rather than developing and promoting store managers

Focus on developing Store Managers for promotion rather than hiring upper level management externally, make the pay match the expectations for all store-level positions

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks