There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Starbucks is as close as I can get to a chill fair trade local coffee shop job right now.

Current Employee - Barista
Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

There is always something to keep you busy. Employee benefits are great, and I make a lot more in tips than I expected to. Co workers vary widely in age. I am a high school senior and am the youngest employee. Energy is high and dull moments are limited. I'm sure having this job at a young age will help me in the future.

Cons

Since I am young, I feel as though management takes advantage of my "naivety". When hired, I was promised 20 hours a week, but am now alarmed to be given 4-15 hours per week more often than not. The strict "playbook" takes out a lot of the creative aspect of a barista job.

Advice to Management

Do not hire minors just to look good in the eyes of your boss. You have to give them their fair share of work. Turn the music up and stop taking everything so seriously!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work at

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

fun environment, mostly friendly customers

Cons

Customers can get pretty anal about their drinks

2. Cool job for students

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Flexible schedules, free drinks and coffee/ tea, 30% discount on merchandise, usually fun coworkers depending on the store you work at

Cons

Some cranky customers, can't wear nail polish and certain earrings, not a lot of room for advancement if you don't plan on making a career in coffee

Advice to Management

Not much to say in advice because for most baristas it's just a short term job. There tends to be a lot of employee turnover