There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great place to work at

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

fun environment, mostly friendly customers

Cons

Customers can get pretty anal about their drinks

4765 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Starbucks is as close as I can get to a chill fair trade local coffee shop job right now.

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

There is always something to keep you busy. Employee benefits are great, and I make a lot more in tips than I expected to. Co workers vary widely in age. I am a high school senior and am the youngest employee. Energy is high and dull moments are limited. I'm sure having this job at a young age will help me in the future.

Cons

Since I am young, I feel as though management takes advantage of my "naivety". When hired, I was promised 20 hours a week, but am now alarmed to be given 4-15 hours per week more often than not. The strict "playbook" takes out a lot of the creative aspect of a barista job.

Do not hire minors just to look good in the eyes of your boss. You have to give them their fair share of work. Turn the music up and stop taking everything so seriously!

A company with a great moral culture, but limited advancement opportunity beyond the store level and subpar pay.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

culture, great relationships developed with partners and customers, great benefits, free coffee, great training

Cons

low pay, subpar computer systems, horrible labor and scheduling systems, District Manager level positions continually are filled with external hires, rather than developing and promoting store managers

Focus on developing Store Managers for promotion rather than hiring upper level management externally, make the pay match the expectations for all store-level positions

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks