There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great place to work at

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

fun environment, mostly friendly customers

Cons

Customers can get pretty anal about their drinks

4573 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Starbucks is as close as I can get to a chill fair trade local coffee shop job right now.

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks part-time

Pros

There is always something to keep you busy. Employee benefits are great, and I make a lot more in tips than I expected to. Co workers vary widely in age. I am a high school senior and am the youngest employee. Energy is high and dull moments are limited. I'm sure having this job at a young age will help me in the future.

Cons

Since I am young, I feel as though management takes advantage of my "naivety". When hired, I was promised 20 hours a week, but am now alarmed to be given 4-15 hours per week more often than not. The strict "playbook" takes out a lot of the creative aspect of a barista job.

Do not hire minors just to look good in the eyes of your boss. You have to give them their fair share of work. Turn the music up and stop taking everything so seriously!

Awesome job for teens

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Make friends easily with co workers, pretty good pay, good part time job, and good discounts and free items for workers

Cons

Most customers are in a hurry and will rush you. You're also on your feet a lot and it can be tiring.

Dont be so hard on the newbies.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!