Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great place to work

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

got along really well with the rest of the team, great atmosphere

Cons

early/late hours were a problem if you don't like to wake up super early or work very late

5135 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Awesome work environment depending on who you are working for

Former Employee - Lead Barista in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Barista in San Diego, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed the camaraderie and team spirit you find in most Starbucks employees.

Cons

I was originally hired and trained in 2006 so a lot has changed. I preferred the "old" days when the customer experience was the first priority.

Favorite part-time job!

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Starbucks in two different cities and both experiences have been great! I always like the people I work with and enjoy learning about the customers. I have become friends with the regulars and love hearing interesting stories from people who are traveling or stopping in occasionally. The work itself is pretty easy once I got the hang of it (paid training is also a plus!) and time goes by quickly. Management has always done a great job of organizing and instructing everyone without being too aggressive. Tips are done weekly and the paycheck comes every other week, so it is easy to budget my money.

Cons

Sometimes the scheduling is not done well and we are understaffed, causing a little stress when the store gets busy and making us get out a little later on closing shifts.

I think it is important for the district managers to communicate more with the baristas and shift supervisors about the store's work environment. As a barista, I have a completely different view of the store and can share information that the store manager might miss.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks