There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Excellent company for driven, young individuals

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

(1) Benefits - Starbucks was one of the first to offer health insurance to it's part time partners and it's a very nice package. Free coffee and tips are a nice plus. (2) High expectations - Starbucks asks a lot of you. Starbucks thinks you're worth more and they push you. (3) Mobility - You can work anywhere in the world and moving up is a totally realistic scenario. (4) Fun - You meet every flavor of person in the world and make new friends everyday. I used to be painfully shy and Starbucks helped me come out of my shell.

Cons

(1) Upper-upper management - Lately it seems like they've had a shift to where they have very short-sighted goals and put a ton of pressure on store managers which then seeps down the ladder to baristas. (2) Orny customers - Some of them will say very hurtful things and be outrageously demanding but how you handle it will speak volumes to your store manager. (3) Physically demanding - This job isn't easy by a long shot. You have be prepared to be on the move your entire shift. (4) Micro-managing - Some district and regional managers don't let store managers lead and they will nag about the most inane things like placement of small objects and signage.

Advice to Management

Trust your store managers. Stop taking foolish risks like LaBoulange and GLS and Playbook. Let your stores flourish on their own.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good for part-time work only

Current Employee - Barista in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good benefits and most Baristas are easy going and great to work with. Hours can fairly work around your schedule.

Cons

Sometimes I feel overworked for little pay. Being a college graduate, starting at minimum wage as a new Barista was a real downer. My work ethic tends to wear out as time continues since the hours can be tiresome (opening hours - hello sunrise!) and being short-staffed is a reoccurring situation.

Advice to Management

Screen the Store Managers more about direct communication with the Baristas. We hardly know of a current promotion or system change since we never have store meetings (which I thought was required?).

2. Corperate Versus Licensed

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benifits, Scheduling, Tips, Hotel Incentives, and Flexability

Cons

Poor Pay, Training, Demading Customer Clientel, Excessive attantion to Details.

Advice to Management

Solve money issues that is associated with sharing a licensing agreement. Interaction with basitas on the floor is essential as a manager.