There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great places to learn great skills

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, IL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lockport, IL

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, amazing benefits for 20 hr/week and up. Stock Options, 401k, health, dental, vision (all very affordable). Tips every week. Encouragement and support to advance. free coffee!!

Cons

It can be political at times, but ride it out and you will go places with the company. Great job for teens and early 20s as barista or shift, great resume booster

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

A lovely fast-paced job where you can change someone's day for the better

Pros

I loved the focus on excellent customer service, the fast pace, the fun environment, and the idea that my interaction with someone could change their day for the better.

Cons

You are required to work quickly and professionally while still being very neat. Starbucks being such a "big name" means getting customers that have a bit of an entitlement issue. Handle with care haha

Advice to Management

Expect a lot from your employees and they will deliver. At the same time, though, expect even more for yourself, and make it clear through your actions and interactions that your door is always open for your employees to come to you.

2. Great company but upper management was not prepared.

Former Contractor - Data Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Data Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

All the free coffee was definitely a plus. Everyone was always friendly and eager to help me with work when I had it. The company culture was fantastic and I always felt at ease. Great place to come to work everyday, felt very relaxed.

Cons

I was disappointed as a contract worker that there just never seemed to be enough work for me to do. It seemed like the department I was in was a little frenzied and unfocused. My contract started a month late because of issues within the company then ended earlier than expected because they literally couldn't find me any more work to do.

Advice to Management

Be more prepared when offering contract work. As a contract worker, I turned down other offers to work because I like the company, but my start date kept getting delayed meaning I was out of work longer than expected. Communication is also key when working with a contract worker. Everyday it seemed as if people were scrambling to find more work for me. Make sure there is work before bringing someone on.