Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,182 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Can't beat it for flexible hours and full benefits.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
Providence, RI

ProsStarbucks gives full benefits for part-time work, which is awesome. You generally have some flexibility in your hours up until the schedule is set the week beforehand, making this a perfect job for students and artists who need health insurance but need to not be in the office 9-5 every day.

ConsYou end up working weird shifts -- sometimes until 1 am to close, sometimes arriving at 4:30 am to open. And someone has to work the holidays, so be prepared to negotiate with your co-workers for your favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know Starbucks is at the center of your life, but for most employees, it isn't. They can still take pride in their work, so don't be offended or disheartened when other things take priority.

it was okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Starbucks

Pros: I has good co-workers, the store has their "regular" customers that always come in, friendly environment, partners receive benefits if you… Cons: opening shifts can start as early as 430 in the morning, tips can fluctuate depending on your area. I… Advice to Senior Management: i had good and bad managers. for the bad ones,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a GREAT company

Director Information Systems (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros: Good performance, bonus and stock package at the Director level Free pound of coffee every week and 30%… Cons: The company (with Howard's full knowledge and approval) spent years recklessly building stores with nothing but "gut feel" to guide decisions. When the economy went… Advice to Senior Management: Starbucks used to be an incredible place to work because you treated employees so well. Now, firing (not lay offs) and disrespect are part of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.