Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Can't beat it for flexible hours and full benefits.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Providence, RI
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Providence, RI

I worked at Starbucks

Pros

Starbucks gives full benefits for part-time work, which is awesome. You generally have some flexibility in your hours up until the schedule is set the week beforehand, making this a perfect job for students and artists who need health insurance but need to not be in the office 9-5 every day.

Cons

You end up working weird shifts -- sometimes until 1 am to close, sometimes arriving at 4:30 am to open. And someone has to work the holidays, so be prepared to negotiate with your co-workers for your favorites.

I know Starbucks is at the center of your life, but for most employees, it isn't. They can still take pride in their work, so don't be offended or disheartened when other things take priority.

5118 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Good place for Customer Service experience and training.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Benefits are great but be prepared to sacrifice for it. If you have any problems with employees not showing up or running late, you are stuck. Starbucks will always come first. Family, friends, plans will always take second place.

Cons

Scheduling. Baristas, supervisors will get the hours they need/want and you have to fill in the blanks so that hours are not over/under.

Give more feedback as changes from corporate come through. There is always a ton of disconnect between store managers between districts.

It was a transitional job that I got stuck in for the people.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

I felt loved and needed and appreciated until i made a small mistake where my well intended actions left me wondering and doubting the corporations support of a long term, loyal and committed employee, An employee whom the day to day starbucks customers cared more about losing than the actual corporation.

Cons

constant change, criticism, rules, gross drinks, all for what.

YOUR BARISTA'S MAKE YOUR COMPANY. TREAT THEM WELL AND EVERYTHING ELSE TAKES CARE OF ITSELF.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks