There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

I always enjoy going to Starbuccks

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They always remember my drink and i like that.

Cons

When they close on the dot sometimes makes it a little difficult to make there on the dot.

Advice to Management

Check if the employees won't mind staying open and extra 10 minutes to get the last few sales.

reviews filtered by
  1. Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with Starbucks because as a college students, or just a busy individual, I have the ability to work around my schedule, make ends meet and qualify for the benefits they offer. I love my partners. They are wonderful and hardworking people. Another good pro to working are (some of) the customers. You my time working with this company I have met some amazing customers and I love seeing them everyday. Moving up within the company is not difficult as long as you are hardworking and the opportunity permits. Working with this company you will learn so much from team work/building to problem solving. It really pushes you to think quickly on your feet in situations.

Cons

As you move up in the company the job can consume you. You have to have a good balance between work and home. During busy moments in the day, you have to be fast paced. So the job can be pretty physical. The customers are a con, as well as a pro, in my opinion. They can add emotional and/or mental stress to the job.

Advice to Management

My advice to current and future managers (ie. Store, District, Regional, ect.) is to care more. I have heard stories about manager that just don't care about their partners or their store in general. I have now had three different managers and only one has been the best. They actually cared about their partners and the store. and did everything in their power to make sure that the store and workers were taken care of in the store. Managers should also be more understanding and patient. Everybody is human and everyone has a life outside of work.

2. Probably one of the best places for part time job

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great part time job for coffee lovers. Great work environment. Constant trainings.

Cons

can't think of anything at this time.