Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Dedicated people, but always short-staffed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to work for a progressive company that is involved in improving the communities throughout its supply chain.

Cons

Teams are continuously understaffed. Workload continues to rise, while team sizes remain static. Salary and compensation are at the low end of the industry. Very limited company holidays, and minimal vacation.

Staffing and training need to be higher priorities. IT Professionals expect better healthcare and vacation packages.

5136 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

It's exactly how you think it is...

Current Employee - Barista in Gas City, IN
    Current Employee - Barista in Gas City, IN

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits for part-time partners (insurance, stock gifts/options, 401(k) option) and the people make the experience worth it.

Cons

After working at three different store, I know leadership is not Sbux strong suit. And it will always be a service job.

If you try just a little bit, it can keep your store from going into chaos. Poor leadership leads to stores losing focus of the company: customers love for coffee.

Fun place to work at but not a lot of opportunity to grow in the company outside of Seattle.

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for Starbucks as a barista. I started at Starbucks since I was going to school full-time. The company has great benefits! You also get to enjoy a nice perk of receiving a free pound of coffee or tea each week. I have worked at four different stores and it has always been a great atmosphere and experience from management to the baristas.

Cons

Wages start at minimum wage plus tips. For a high-end coffee shop you would think it would be a bit higher in pay. People are easily paying $4 to $6 for a drink and easily walk out paying $10 to $20 for their coffee and food. Its not McDonald's you know.

I just finished my degree and live on the East coast. It would be nice to have opportunities in the company other than Seattle. Outside of Seattle there aren't may job choices accept for barista, shift manager, assistant manager and store manager.

Also, why create an atmosphere for the customers to receive their drinks in lightning speed. There is a lot of push on the baristas to make the drinks so fast that the customers expect it and then when they don't receive it, they complain. What ever happened to just doing it in a timely manner. Our society demands "instant satisfaction" so much that nobody takes the time to just be patient. When management/customers push baristas to make these hand-crafted beverages at warp speed, customers are not going to receive a quality drink. For example, because of this"pressure", I have often seen most baristas make a macchiato like a cappuccino.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks