Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

My favorite place to work

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Auburn, WA
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Auburn, WA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with a bunch or amazing partners which kept my job enjoyable and fun.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. My experience with Starbucks was amazing.

My only advice I would give to upper management is partner promotions. I would have liked to have seen my store manager and district manager take more time and invest more in the partners that wanted to move up in the company. It's important to hire within but it's also important to listen to those who want to climb that ladder and help them achieve that goal.

5373 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Good place

Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have flexible scheduling, the staff is very professional with practically no office drama.

Cons

Very minor hazing at my store, but management is cracking down on it. Not too big of a deal.

Hard, cool, & fun

Current Employee - Barista in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Barista in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits, although I never took advantage of them because I feared getting tied too closely to the company. The store I work at is VERY proactive and my general manager is very close to the regional manager, and goes by all the right rules. The training I had and the people I work with all make you feel as if their job is very important. Everyone works very very hard, even if they bash it at times. They have regular evaluations/raises. I even get discounts on random things through starbuckspartnerdiscounts.com (most of them are ads, but I do manage to get 40% off movie tickets, which I have taken advantage of.

Cons

Customers can be absurd. Its annoying when people order off of the "secret" menu and don't know the recipe and treat you like an idiot for not knowing it. There are a ton of things to memorize, and it can be overwhelming, especially for someone who doesn't even like coffee (like me). The fast paced environment can be overwhelming, especially if you feel like crap. People at my store make you feel like such a lazy bum if you're not working or don't understand something. Basically, YOU ARE MOVING 24/7 and if you're sick or sad, it doesn't matter, you work the same as if its the best day ever and you're getting paid minimum wage for it. Its pretty crazy for how hard you're working.

Cooperate could do a better job about being straight forward with their promotions. A lot of people freak out because they think that Starbucks will pay 100% for your college. Thats not the case AT ALL. I also wish base pay was higher..

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks