Starbucks

www.starbucks.com
  www.starbucks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great part time job on the side, but don't make this your main focus.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Time goes by quick, you will not waste 15 seconds standing around without doing something. Flexible hours.

Cons

Promoting to manager is next to impossible since most are hired from outside the company. Experience can vary greatly depending on manager and district manager. So many tasks to complete (with far too little time) and sales targets to hit and those are the main focuses, not customers. Almost impossible to get everything done and even then there's usually no recognition. Starbucks has turned into a typical corporate chain and lost touch of their roots of a customer focused happy environment.

Get back to your roots of focusing just on the customer and for God's sake give us more hours of labor to complete what you ask of us!

5133 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

the company now, is nothing like it was 6 years ago. a job i loved became a nightmare.

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Starbucks part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, perks, experience, culture, 401k

Cons

lack of training, promotions, labor hours- always being cut back more and more, management, raises

spend more time training new employees...wayyyy more time. educate your partners more and encourage them to become knowledgable about beverages, coffees, retail, and the company. PROMOTE FROM WITHIN!! there are soooo many hard working, dedicated partners...who have been with the company and want to be promoted! partners who want to keep moving up in the company. TOO MUCH OUTSIDE HIRING! stop cutting labor so much, the company is constantly relying on partners to do more and more within their shift, or within a day...AND CUTTING LABOR AT THE SAME TIME!!!? starbucks' primary focus USED to be Customer Service, providing World-Class Service, provide each customer with an experience...it is NOTHING like that anymore. now its all about speed of service and getting "X" amount of customers rung up every 30 minutes. and for what? to determine how much labor each store needs....obviously not because it was always about cutting labor. i spent 6 1/2 years with this company. i put my heart and soul into my job. starbucks broke my heart. my review, clearly expresses my anger and disappointment with starbucks. but that anger and disappointment comes from passion, and how passionate i was about my job. i left because i was no longer proud to represent the company.

good co-workers most of the time. customers are usually awful

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Portland, OR

I worked at Starbucks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

learn to make coffee, learn about coffee processing, different types. learn fast-paced sales/customer service skills in a variety of situations, free coffee, paid trainer, opportunities to move locations easily, flexible scheduling (kind of)

Cons

Advancement happens based more on time than on skills. Customers can make your day hell depending on which location or what duties you are performing.

Recognize movers and shakers from other companies and fast track them to higher positions quicker. it focuses too much on "starbucks way of life" and not enough on expanding business or thinking outside the box.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks