There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Great part time job on the side, but don't make this your main focus.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Starbucks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Time goes by quick, you will not waste 15 seconds standing around without doing something. Flexible hours.

Cons

Promoting to manager is next to impossible since most are hired from outside the company. Experience can vary greatly depending on manager and district manager. So many tasks to complete (with far too little time) and sales targets to hit and those are the main focuses, not customers. Almost impossible to get everything done and even then there's usually no recognition. Starbucks has turned into a typical corporate chain and lost touch of their roots of a customer focused happy environment.

Get back to your roots of focusing just on the customer and for God's sake give us more hours of labor to complete what you ask of us!

4806 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

This is a terrible place to work. Compensation is terrible!

Current Employee - Barista in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Barista in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Starbucks part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience, Resources, N/A, N/A, N/A

Cons

Co workers, Management, Company interest, Pay, Hours

Please help partners make more money and be happier at work

It has all changed over the years

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Starbucks (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. With the healthcare reform they are changing a little but still really great.

I love the people I work with, you become a close group of people with mutual respect for all partners.

Cons

Ever changing environment, which I am used to, but not always with the partners in mind.

Becoming too focused on how to max profits and sometimes forget about the partners who sacrifice to make it happen

Pay is not enough to make a living from it in this area. While unemployment is low here, 10 cent above federal minimum wage is not enough to pay the bills or raise my family.

Look into pay across your whole organization. The people in the trenches are struggling for little pay.
    Your managers are doing the best they can with what they have. They need some more support. Cutting payroll and expecting stores to still perform does not help the overall cause.

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks