There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Starbucks---great place to work

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - District Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Great people working together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Awesome benefits package--work 20+ hours a week and eligible for medical, dental, vision. Stock options for part time workers! Pound of coffee a week, 30% discount on store products. Learn how to run your own business----an MBA in business management!

Cons

the recent layoffs-----don't feel very secure!

There is going to be a mass exodus from Starbucks because of the recent, but necessary, actions taken to remain profitable. Feedback would be------who was watching the past few years while we put stores in dumb places & ultimately will close them because of those decisions? CEO should be focused totally on SBUX and not investments in Kinetix and Pinkberry, etc....

4640 Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks (View Most Recent)

Ignorance is bliss, the rank issues of the company wafts up the chain of command

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Work environment, team building, social interaction/friendships

Cons

top down regional/district mgnt style can kill the mood of some stores especially if you don't have a good store manager

In my personal experience the district and regional mgmt team make poor decisions, mainly because lack of "instore" experience one of our dogmas is to purvey an experience to our people we if we do our job right become a part of our customers lives and meaningful parts at that. But i have yet to see a good district level manager who "gets" the experience on both sides of the counter and who can communicate their alleged skill and talents in business in to real successes both in team building and fiscal responsibility as well as longevity with the company, they are too many steps removed, they don't care about the details, but results and now more then ever.

Needs more help from upper management for our partners to be better trained and less stressed out.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros

Good experience, helped me find my professional self, helped give me confidence in my self, great people to work with, I got the job just for the benifits. Since working there I really liked the company and ow it operates for the most part. After being there for a little while, I became frustrated with upper management and how things are done. There is much transition in the com. right now, but it seems poorly run still. Hopefully they will continue to make things better.

Cons

Upper management is incompetent and ridiculous in there expectations. This may work itself out with certain people being fired recently in the restructuring of the company, For such a huge company, the organization is bad to say the least. We are always running out of things, trying to teach artners some new rollout while having to much going on and not enough people to help. There is never enough face time between partners and management. Partners training is definitely not sufficient. There is no desire to relly make sure people are doing well in there new role unless they are slowing down the line.

Stop implementing something new every other day. Help our partners to grow by giving us more partners to work with on the floor so we have more time to spend coaching individuals

There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!