There are newer employer reviews for Starbucks

Starbucks allows a person/employee to easily transfer out of state to other locations with little to no effort.

Pros

Free 1 lb of coffee per week Cash tips varied...normally made an extra $30.00 to $175.00 per week depending on how busy the store was.

Cons

You learn to hate coffee over time. You also smell like coffee beans and spoiled milk after every 6 hour shift.

Advice to Management

Give more of the Starbucks praise cards and pins out to employees doing a good job. Granted the pins aren't that amazing, but it's nice to know that a Starbucks Manger notices the good customer service and work ethics being contributed by their employees on a normal basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Starbucks

1. A means to an end

Pros

Good benefits, fun atmosphere, great place to help you develop your people skills. Allows you a flexible work schedule and time off.

Cons

Had a hard time getting a consistent schedule. Some days I was opening at 430 and other days I was working in the afternoon

Advice to Management

Work on creating a consistent work schedule for your employees. Inconsistent work schedules made it difficult to plan ahead for future events

2. Not my thing, may be better for others in a different location.

Former Employee - Barista
    Former Employee - Barista

Pros

Fairly easy to get a job, just go to the hiring fair and be friendly.

Cons

I suppose customers differ from store to store, but my experience was terrible.

Advice to Management

Go for quality not efficiency.