Starbucks
3.7 of 5 4,192 reviews
www.starbucks.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Great environment, good people, great benefits, and all the coffee you could want!

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsStarbucks offers an incredibly generous benefits package, including the best combination of insurance when compared to the price payed. Hourly rate is above average and when working getting the free drinks will keep you running. Stock options are a beautiful thing, knowing that even though our country may be going through some hard times...there will still be a Starbucks on every corner....well maybe every other corner.

ConsWhen opening the store, coming in at 4:30am isn't always the best thing to look forward to on a Saturday night...but it gets better when your shift ends at noon.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management was good for the most part...the district managers are the ones to look out for, they are sometimes a little aggressive when it comes to people who just want to be a barista and nothing more.

Culture

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Starbucks

Pros: Culture was great with flexible hours Cons: Pay was the lowest in the seattle area Advice to Senior Management: Better vision' No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unsure about Starbucks senior management

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Starbucks

Pros: Work life balance is decent considering retail normality. At many retailers it is almost impossible to request weekends off and not feel bad about… Cons: Dog and Pony show. Recent downsizing may hold back for future growth. Senior managers love coming in and pointing out everything thats wrong… Advice to Senior Management: We are becoming a company that manages by results and being reactive. Hitting targets and goals is important… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starbucks.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starbucks CEO Howard D. Schultz. All reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees.