There are newer employer reviews for Starcom USA

If you're willing to work, opportunities are ever-present

Current Employee - Associate Media Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate Media Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Starcom USA

Pros

Career advancement is available to those willing to stick with if for the first few years. The opportunities afforded at a relatively young age (ownership of meaningful projects, access to your own and your clients management, culture open to change from anyone) makes this a place where you can build a resume or a career.

Cons

Work life balance continues to be a struggle at nearly all levels, as clients expect us to run ever-more-lean accounts and yet be nimble enough to respond to their every request.

Don't win a new business pitch by losing a battle with a client's procurement people.

reviews filtered by

Local team at mediavest 1675 broadway has bad pay and poor advancement.

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Starcom USA

Pros

vacation/ days off are nice.

Cons

on the local team there is not a great chance of promotion and starting salary is not great at all.

they should realize that promotion from with in will motivate people to work harder. also racist remarks do not make people happy either.

2. Good at what they do but a TERRIBLE place to work.

Former Employee - Media Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Media Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Starcom USA

Pros

The training program is well-respected. Massive blue-chip account experience. It is nice being sucked up to by every rep in the world.

Cons

White-collar factory atmosphere. Poorly trained and chosen middle management. Little/no recognition of excellence. SUPER political. LONG LONG hours expected and not rewarded. Anti-male atmosphere.

I'd like to respond also to another person's review that the 'opportunities are endless if you're willing to work.' This seems completely outrageous. This person (90% likely to be a woman) is surely smart and motivated plus a hard worker. She was rewarded for that. The vast majority of other smart, motivated hard workers did not see any reward or opportunity for advancement in the unbalanced political atmosphere. They, and I, duly left.

I would tell them to invest in new training upon all promotions, especially Supervisors. You would not believe what a power trip some of them are on -- at the detriment of your clients' businesses.

There are newer employer reviews for Starcom USA