Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Great diversified experience

Lounge Server (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

ProsGood team work. Good business model and company philosophy. Supportive management staff.
Opportunity for growth and advancement. Always a fun atmosphere.

ConsDidn't like the dress code uniforms required by management. Perhaps they could have asked for input from the servers. Not given opportunity to taste test menue items to be more prepared in customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore input from front line employees to improve performance and presentation. Too frequent change of management personnel, making changes in procedures.

Dissatisfied

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee)
McLean, VA

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: There were no benefits to working at this property. Cons: The work schedule was inconsistent and unfair, you did not find out your hours for the week until the day before the week started. Back… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall it was okay, but HR management makes up rules for certain people and term people they don’t like because they ha

Security Management (Former Employee)
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: New positions open up throughout the year, even management positions because people move on to… Cons: They don’t follow corporate (Starwood) polices at that particular resort. Overall I think the company Starwood… Advice to Senior Management: Follow corporate polices at that particular resort, don’t make your own rules as you go, don’t discriminate. Utilize proper disciplinary procedures. Also when you have… More

There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.