Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Great diversified experience

Former Employee - Lounge Server  in  Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Lounge Server in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Good team work. Good business model and company philosophy. Supportive management staff.
Opportunity for growth and advancement. Always a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Didn't like the dress code uniforms required by management. Perhaps they could have asked for input from the servers. Not given opportunity to taste test menue items to be more prepared in customer service.

More input from front line employees to improve performance and presentation. Too frequent change of management personnel, making changes in procedures.

657 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

An unforgettable experience that helped me mold my leadership, communication, and personable skills.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Kapaa, HI
    Former Employee - Intern in Kapaa, HI

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Good at developing managers.
    Many hands on projects.
    As an intern I worked with the Executive Chef & F&B Director to help open 2 new restaurants.
    Good at answering questions when something is not clear
    Great Starwood training about the Starwood brand.

Cons

Communication from managers to associates was not clear when something was changed. The changes would not be emphasized to all employees.

Some of your management team do no communicate well with one another, I think you need to make managers have a mandatory one on one personal meeting with each other to hash out any problems or concerns they may have with one another or the operation itself.

Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in McLean, VA

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

There were no benefits to working at this property.

Cons

The work schedule was inconsistent and unfair, you did not find out your hours for the week until the day before the week started. Back to back working hours were given even though it was against company policy. Promotions were based on the relationship you had with your manager rather than performance. No work - life balance. Times when you had to work 10+ days in a row with no time off. Benefits were horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!