Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Starwood Hotels and Resorts is a great place to work. The people are great, training is sufficient and opportunities!

Sales Reservationist (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsThe bonuses and how quickly one can move up. The sales conversion is always less than 40% for new agents.

ConsOn Sundays it's difficult for new agents so it can prove to be a bit difficult. I would suggest getting with your supervisor for extra training Mon - Satuday.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is pretty good for the most part, you will always have some managers that hide and others that are the face of the floor.

Initially wonderful, but new management took the restaurant in a ridiculous direction.

Server (Former Employee)
    Pomona, CA

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Expensive menu= large tips per table Excellent discount when staying at… Cons: Manager promoted despite zero experience No dialogue between dissatisfied employees and management Next to impossible to receive benefits Manager largely absent during… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees and customers Have clear expectations Be present No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

All the good people left and all the mediocre people stab each other in the back to remain (or advance!)

Corporate Director (Former Employee)
    White Plains, NY

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Early on when I started Starwood had a stellar reputation as an innovator from when Barry Sternlicht ran the company. It was truly an… Cons: In 2009 or 2010 they added into their company values & mantra that they are "innovators". As if you write it in your corporate… Advice to Senior Management: Keep cutting pay so that you can drive up the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.