Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

My experience at Starwood Hotels & Resorts was something I wish I could erase.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee)
Fall River, MA

ProsThe best reason to work at Starwood was that I was able to work at home and the hotels gave out a discount.

ConsAlthough they give out discounts to their hotels they do not give enough vacation time to use it. They set your schedule and never allow you to change it. They have spies call you and test you, and entrap you, then report you as doing something wrong. You sit at your computer all day and answer one call after another without a break in between calls. They are not honest to customers so there are many people calling to complain. People disappear there all the time because they get fired without a second chance. Very big turnover without much care about how they treat people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance. Appreciate a hard worker and stop discarding employees without caring about them. A more experienced person would be better to keep than training a whole new person.

Great team of people to work with. No support from 'boys club' management!

Banquet Server (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Wonderful diverse customer oriented staff. The hot rate hotel stays rock! Most people you work with… Cons: Little room for advancement unless you are handpicked, a suck up and fit their 'formula'. HR is not there for the employees; just there to… Advice to Senior Management: Just because you are in a leadership position does not mean you are 'above' others. It is a position of responsibility not to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good environment

Cook (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: good benefits, willing to promote within in time, promotes friendly… Cons: slow F&B in some city hotels, hard to climb the… Advice to Senior Management: Comunication with "regular" front line employees, More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.