Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

The happiness varies widely by department, good luck switching though

Strategy and Business Development (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

ProsBig company with prestige, lots of innovation going on, great brands to work with.

ConsIn my particular department (and many others, but not all) there is no work/life balance, corporate offices are cold, most people are concerned more with covering their own butt than doing the right thing, too top heavy on senior high paid leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeliver on promises of things like "talent review," offer competitive benefits (CIGNA laughed at me when I told them my plan was with Starwood), remove ineffective leaders, develop and maintain career progression plans.

Vacation Planning Counselor

Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great benefits. You have to love to be on the… Cons: Really old system for accessing customers' accounts. They will fire… Advice to Senior Management: Create an online systems for your owners to book reservations. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good benefits & a great place to advance...

Boston, MA

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Their Associate Development Program is great for employees that want to branch out of their departments, which could lead… Cons: Depending on your department, there could be a lot "turn-around" with associates. This means you're understaffed and overworked. Also,… Advice to Senior Management: It's been a great company to work for, and the benefits are amazing. I've come a long… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.