Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com
  www.starwoodhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Not bad and treated right

Current Employee - Bartender in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Bartender in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You knew the vision and goals of the company. Great employee rates on multiple properties and discounts on food and in-house entertainment.

Cons

My hotel was a franchise and as such had different rules but did have to adhere to corporate standards for employees. Make sure your hotel is corporate owned, you probably will get treated more fairly. Also, if a franchise make sure they have been around for awhile, mine left us with a dwindling property becuase he did not want to spend the money on upgrades that corporate required.

Employees, especially the ones on the ground level make the guest's whole stay. We have the opportunity to handle many of the guest complaints, if we are given a fair shake, we will then do whatever we can to make sure the guest comes back.

696 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

It has been a great place to work but trying to change positions can be tough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

they have excellent travel benefits all over the world, and beautiful properties to work at. Most people are great to work with.

Cons

Have not been considered for interviews for advancement opportunities even though received exceeding expectations on all reviews, feels like they have people already picked out to fill positions in certain situations.

give more direction to managers during hiring process and hold managers more accountable so that qualified people at least get an interview opportunity.

Offers great opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

The resort I work at is very receptive to vacation requests. The resort also offers training and programs to promote the advancement of your career.

Cons

The pay offered by the resort could be much better considering the cost of living associated with the area. As in most companies they always want more by compensating less.

My direct supervisor is very competent and knowledgeable. It has been a pleasure to work for such an individual and I hope to see that future supervisors are just as great.

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts