Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Good benefits, horrible job.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsAfter 3 months of employment, they offer full benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation, PTO, 401K, stock sharing, etc).

ConsThe job itself is horrible, especially if you have a college education. The duties are inane, and there is a lot of stress to meet your quota for reservations.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way supervisors talk to the associates; if it's "coaching," make it more of a coaching session rather than a parent lecturing a child, which is what it felt like.

Very, very corporate with unfriendly, passive-aggressive work environment

Brand Design (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Compensation was decent, and the hotel stay perk was… Cons: - Strained and sometimes contentious relationships between teams - Cloistered/siloed work environment with very little collaboration - Politically charged work atmosphere that frowns upon open communication - Poor… Advice to Senior Management: -Stop saying you're "innovative" and "world class" and start being those things. - Break out of the straightjacket of corporate process once in a while and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place!

Rotational Intern (Former Employee)
    Hoboken, NJ

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Love the feel of the hotel -Employees were very easy going… Cons: -Sometimes long hours but worth it! Advice to Senior Management: -Continue doing what you're doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.