Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Starwood Hotels. A place to learn the basics of excellent customer service.

Former Employee - Outlet Supervisor
Former Employee - Outlet Supervisor

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Friendly environment. Get to meet people from all over the world, both guests and employees. Hotel company with ambition to be great. Focused on delivering excellent service to its guests no matter the situation. Great perks!

Cons

Irregular working hours for most of staff. You will always encounter very rude guests in this industry, if you can't handle it then it's not the right industry for you. Career advancement can be stagnant unless you look to transfer to another location.

I was very fortunate that my direct supervisor was a very good leader and mentor to me. However, I do think that there were a few managers in different levels that did not fit and actually disrupted work. All managers ought to believe and do what they praise to others; they are leaders by example. When you are training the entire company to do things a certain way with a certain attitude, and managers are good examples of the improper behavior then that creates resentment and conflicts with the company's objective.

747 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Average place to work if you like kissing ass.

Former Employee - Welcome Ambassador in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Welcome Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun diverse group of co workers (in Chicago at least). Being a union member made it almost impossible to be fired ( add that to the cons as well for some of the idiots working there).

Cons

Certain poisition are frowned on by management it seems, especially those held by union members. My schedule was so ridiculous some weeks id be scheduled 2 days , and the next 5.

Treat people like adults, not like your supervising a junior high prom dance. You act like your Hitler with the kind of power trip some of you are on.

Enjoyed working there -- ave pay, but at a beautiful property.

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Benefits are good. Starwood on your resume looks good.

Cons

Pay was comparable to other hotels in my job function, but it didn't increase in the 2 years I was there (or for anyone else in my dept).

Have the mid-level management pay closer attn to developing its current staff (and get rid of the people who are under-performing).

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts