Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com

Starwood Hotels. A place to learn the basics of excellent customer service.

Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment. Get to meet people from all over the world, both guests and employees. Hotel company with ambition to be great. Focused on delivering excellent service to its guests no matter the situation. Great perks!

ConsIrregular working hours for most of staff. You will always encounter very rude guests in this industry, if you can't handle it then it's not the right industry for you. Career advancement can be stagnant unless you look to transfer to another location.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was very fortunate that my direct supervisor was a very good leader and mentor to me. However, I do think that there were a few managers in different levels that did not fit and actually disrupted work. All managers ought to believe and do what they praise to others; they are leaders by example. When you are training the entire company to do things a certain way with a certain attitude, and managers are good examples of the improper behavior then that creates resentment and conflicts with the company's objective.

Enjoyed working there -- ave pay, but at a beautiful property.

Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Benefits are good. Starwood on your resume looks good. Cons: Pay was comparable to other hotels in my job function, but it didn't increase… Advice to Senior Management: Have the mid-level management pay closer attn to developing its… More

Great place to start a career, but don't stay too long...

Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) White Plains, NY

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros: Starwood is a wonderful place to start a career. Management gives significant responsibility to young people and is constantly seeking to innovate. For… Cons: Top-heavy teams can make upward-mobility difficult. For older employees, there are few opportunities to learn new skills once you have been in a… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to cut the fat and fire underperforming employees. More candid information in "all employee" meetings.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!