feedback

Current Contractor - Guest Service Associate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)
Current Contractor - Guest Service Associate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

good scope of learning and growth.

Cons

in season time long working hours we do not get 6 holidays because staff is less.

Advice to Management

in season time we do not get 6 holidays shifts gets stretched .this negative points can be turn in to positive points by making some provision like any person who had completed 1 year in property but for some reason got most less number of holidays should be given 3000 rs as a reward so that any person who is getting less holidays will still remain satisfy that he might get that 3000 rs.

Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

1. The world is your hotel

Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Valletta (Malta)
    Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Valletta (Malta)

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perks, job satisfaction, working environment, recognition for performance from management, colleagues like family in terms of relationship

Cons

low wages in comparison to other industries, no overtime, very demanding at times, long hours at times

Advice to Management

Understand cross-cultural differences to harmonise relations amongst multinational employees

2. Challenging work environment with growth opportunities if you are in for the long haul.

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stimulating work environment, lots of very talented team members make you work harder to get noticed and once you get noticed, you can go places.

Cons

Legacy IT infrastructure that can be very frustrating at times. Different work culture in diffrent parts of the world.

Advice to Management

We can have a lot more innovation and improve guest experiences if we get the right IT infrastructure.