Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com
  www.starwoodhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Great starter position in the sales/marketing department

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Some of the benefits include the opportunity to relocate to various destinations where Starwood has hotels, the good pay and benefits relative to its industry peers, and the fun brands to work in.

Cons

As a coordinator, or an assistant more or less, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle and succumb to performing purely administrative tasks. Often times, the sales managers and Director level will not make an active effort to develop a career path for you, so you must take great initiative yourself.

Partner with staff at coordinator/assistant level to identify and develop goals and action plans for career development. Agree on key performance indicators, timelines, and commit to each other.

696 Other Employee Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Starwood Hotels. A place to learn the basics of excellent customer service.

Former Employee - Outlet Supervisor
    Former Employee - Outlet Supervisor

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Friendly environment. Get to meet people from all over the world, both guests and employees. Hotel company with ambition to be great. Focused on delivering excellent service to its guests no matter the situation. Great perks!

Cons

Irregular working hours for most of staff. You will always encounter very rude guests in this industry, if you can't handle it then it's not the right industry for you. Career advancement can be stagnant unless you look to transfer to another location.

I was very fortunate that my direct supervisor was a very good leader and mentor to me. However, I do think that there were a few managers in different levels that did not fit and actually disrupted work. All managers ought to believe and do what they praise to others; they are leaders by example. When you are training the entire company to do things a certain way with a certain attitude, and managers are good examples of the improper behavior then that creates resentment and conflicts with the company's objective.

Average place to work if you like kissing ass.

Former Employee - Welcome Ambassador in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Welcome Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun diverse group of co workers (in Chicago at least). Being a union member made it almost impossible to be fired ( add that to the cons as well for some of the idiots working there).

Cons

Certain poisition are frowned on by management it seems, especially those held by union members. My schedule was so ridiculous some weeks id be scheduled 2 days , and the next 5.

Treat people like adults, not like your supervising a junior high prom dance. You act like your Hitler with the kind of power trip some of you are on.

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts