Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

The hotel exemplifies New York City's culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThey are a Union hotel, and you will have both Union Worker's benefits as well as Starwood Hotel brand's benefits.

ConsAs with most Union properties, the employee mentality and moral may not always make it the happiest of places to work in but most jobs are not 100% perfect so this is not so bad as long as you do your job, you should be fine. The management could use some training in fairness and professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour managers should be retrained and tested for the quality of their professional demeanor regularly because they often are the first people to bring a poor example of customer service to the internal client which are the employees that they manage.

Great property, great staff, low pay

Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros: My coworkers have been fantastic, and the management team is really on point. I feel positive when I come to work and remain motivated to… Cons: I can't pay my bills on the hourly rate 40hrs/week, so… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Stay up to date on training, and promote from within… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fairly new on the job

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros: Great travel benefits and perks working for a hotel Cons: Too many managers and VP's trying to direct traffic. Advice to Senior Management: Reward your sales people for doing a good job and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.