Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Advancement to a point

Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

Pros-Large number of properties to transfer to for growth
-Competitive wages for hourly
-Great benefits, ***401K program is great, so take advantage as not all employers offer matching
-Advancement and development is offered and encouraged from starting position to supervisory level

Cons-To transition into management is very rare. When management positions become available, it is oftentimes outside hires that are chosen rather than exceptional talent that is already present at the time. I saw this happen 3 times in 2 different departments at my property. 2 of those times, the outside hire didn't last more than 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has great development programs & tools to further the advancement of budding associates, however is rather over-promising and under-delivering when it comes to actually putting that mantra into action.

Great company

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Starwood Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: There are a lot of opportunities as this is a worldwide company. Great discounts… Cons: Sometimes processes are not well thought out when they are cascaded down to the properties from corporate. Sometimes feels there is a… Advice to Senior Management: Have a better understanding of what happens on the property level in all functional areas before making changes. Sometimes we are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great focus on guest experience

Room Service Attendant (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I worked at Starwood Hotels & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly co workers, fun work environment Cons: variable hours like any hotel More
There are newer reviews on Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Starwood Hotels & Resorts CEO Frits van Paasschen . All reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees.