Can't beat the room discounts.

I worked at Starwood Vacation

Pros

As soon as you can, book your dream vacation. The hot rates are great! Don't plan on ever getting your reserve back if you are in sales, but I guess that's true for anywhere.

Cons

Management, commision structure, tours, bonus levels. Very much a love line situation. Just hard to make money there I guess.

Are you really making everybody still come in at 6:45? Please spend some money on marketing and have some sort of income qualifier comparable to the product you are selling. Sure we can sell it to them, but getting them to make their "timely payments" in another story.

Other Reviews for Starwood Vacation

Above average compensation, no advancement

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Starwood Vacation

Pros

Compensation packages are generally above average for the industry.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement limited. Company generally hires individuals from outside the company into open senior positions rather than develop from within.

None

I have worked for two years on the Front Line sales team for one of the Starwood Resorts in there SVO.

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Starwood Vacation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The place is a great place to work at with talented co-workers, who work as a team. The managers main goal is to help you make as much money as possible. My manager every morning reads inspiring stories, and they drill into you having a positive attitude, do the right thing, and never give up. Motivated to succeed constantly.

Cons

The worst part about the career is also the best, your client in front of you. No one EVER comes to purchase anything from you, they were simply lured in with our marketing teams gifts. The customer has to sit and her a 90-120 minuet presentation and can recieve show tickets all the way to 100 cash. The guest often has an attitude and obviously it is NOT where they want to be on vacation, In this business you will fail 70 percent of the time and you have to stay mentally tough because 3 sales out of 10 will make you 250 plus a year. You have to give 110 percent every time regardless because you really never know who will buy, and if you don't sale essentially you make no money,

There are newer employer reviews for Starwood Vacation.

Worked for Starwood Vacation? Contribute to the Community!