State Bank of India
www.statebankofindia.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

Whatever I am today is because of SBI. SBI is not only my employer but its my family.

Manager (Current Employee)
Mumbai (India)

ProsIts a great pleasure to work in such a great organisation who is not only banker to the nation but also a banker to every Indian. It will be our pride to call SBI as banker to every Asian in near future.

ConsFew bad employees have spoiled the image of the Bank and also spoiled the other sincere fellow colleagues . No body is happy with the customer service in SBI. Defective Promotion policy has spoiled the employees at large. Just by virtue of joining as an officer directly, despite performance your promotion is assured but sincerity is seldom rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is urgent and serious intervention of the top management required in following :
1. Training policy
2. Promotion policy
3. Treatment to specialist cadre officials
4. Worsening customer service at Branches
5. Non implementation of transfer policy
6. Inequalities in superannuation benefits

A Continual learning and very challenging environment to work

Probationary Officer (Current Employee)
    Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh (India)

I have been working at State Bank of India full-time for more than a year

Pros: Job Security, Exponential Growth Opportunities, variety of work to learn,… Cons: Risky Profile to work, Low Management support,Resistance to change, Red Tape… Advice to Senior Management: More Concern towards Employees, Exciting rewards and recognition for Hard… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Satisfactory

Assistant (Cash & Accounts) (Current Employee)
    Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I have been working at State Bank of India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: India's leading bank, establised in 1806, more than 14000 branchs and about 02 lack's employee. Anyone will fill proud of joining the… Cons: Coustomers always deserve more and sometimes it is not possible to look all the need of customers due to sortage of man power. Till customers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Bank of India.

Worked for State Bank of India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Bank of India reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Bank of India CEO Pratip C. Chaudhuri. All reviews posted anonymously by State Bank of India employees.