State Bank of India
www.statebankofindia.com Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

The Best among Public Sector Banks

General Manager (Former Employee)
New Delhi (India)

I worked at State Bank of India full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt's not a top-down organisation. It offers tremendous opportunities for growth, and also chances for a foreign posting. By and large, everyone is treated equally and fairly, and merit is recognized.

ConsOwing to its presence in every nook and corner of India, one may get posted at a remote place, and stay there without family. There is no time-scale promotion as in Civil services, and each and every promotion has to be earned.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the HR orientation !

Best bank to work

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Chennai (India)

I worked at State Bank of India full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Brand value and social respect Cons: More rush and delay in responding to customer Advice to Senior Management: Need to improve customer service Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

EXCELLENT JOB SATISFACTION

MANAGER H R (Current Employee)
Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at State Bank of India full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1)Best system and procedures. 2)Best work culture 3)Large net work of Branches. 4)Medium… Cons: Increasing Non Performing Assets credit uptake is poor due to recession in international… Advice to Senior Management: Management to impress upon new generation about commitment & ethcs of the BANKING Better promotion… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on State Bank of India.

Worked for State Bank of India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Bank of India reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Bank of India CEO Pratip C. Chaudhuri. All reviews posted anonymously by State Bank of India employees.