State College of Florida

www.scf.edu
  www.scf.edu
There are newer employer reviews for State College of Florida

When the president retired and was replaced, the whole place changed (not for the better).

I worked at State College of Florida

Pros

Well one of the best perks was the almost 3 paid weeks off at Christmas, a week paid off at spring break in March and another paid week off for the fall break. This is a total of almost 5 weeks paid off per year, more than any other school I have every worked for. You don't get regular vacation time because of these breaks, however.

Cons

I was at the school when the president retired and a new one was hired. The new person was very different and the whole mood of the place changed. It went to feeling like a family environment to a cold impersonal place where decisions were made behind closed doors by upper management in secret and told to employees after the fact. People became fearful of their jobs.

More transparency with decision making. The tactics are now being covered in the press and it reflects negatively on the school. I used to be proud to work there but there have been several very negative stories in the press lately and I lost that pride.

6 Other Employee Reviews for State College of Florida (View Most Recent)

Best bang for your buck !

Former Employee - Instructor in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Instructor in Bradenton, FL

I worked at State College of Florida as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I think as a former student returning as an instructor here that SCF is truly great in countless ways. The instructors here are excellent. I had wonderful students that learned a lot from me.

Cons

It's a shame that the darkroom was decommissioned to make room for another computer lab & that the iPhone has virtually killed the photography industry & made learning the old school ways much harder to find. Digital is not always better it's just a different

I understand that school budgets have been tragically cut by Gov. Rick Scott (Rep.) but try to hold onto some of the older ways because newer isn't always better, it's just different. Keep up the great work!

Great place

Former Employee - Grants Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Grants Manager in Bradenton, FL

I worked at State College of Florida full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to work -- nice to help students and the overall region.

Cons

Low-ish pay, as with all Florida community colleges.

Keep it up.