State Farm

www.statefarm.com

What a wonderful place to work!!

Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative  in  Breese, IL
Current Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Breese, IL

Pros

There is no bigger reward than protecting the freinds and family you love . I take great pleasure in my job and finally know what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Cons

Getting to know the book of business takes some time, but once they know you.... you make lasting friendships!!

Keep rolling out the great products and the advanced technology that helps us attain our goals.

Other reviews for State Farm

A fine place to work, but claims is difficult.

Current Employee - Claims Processor  in  Ballston Spa, NY
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Ballston Spa, NY

Pros

State Farm has excellent policies when it comes to sick/personal leave, development, and communication with management.
    If you need a day off, and it is very common that you need some time to de-stress in claims, the option is readily available.
    The company provides a pension for employees who work 5 years or more at the company.
    Provides lots of training and development.
    Claims has a multitude of shifts avalable starting between 7:00 AM to 10:45 AM, with 7 hour 45 minute shifts.

Cons

Claims is rough. Every call you take is someone on one of the worst days of their life. It can be very easy to get burnt out.
    It can be very difficult to get recognized for a job well done, you have to be lucky enough to have a manager listening in on a 'remarkable' call to be acknowledged.
    By the same token, if you make a mistake, it will come back to bite you, whether a manager hears you or not. The customer will complain, or more commonly, a co-worker will forward your mistake to your manager.

We understand that managing the company as a whole, you are doing an excellent job to keep us the #1 insurance company. However, claims is the face of your orginazation, which ultimately decides the success of the company. Better compensation for your claims processors and reps would go a long way towards us leaving to do the same job at Geico or Progressive for more pay.

Like a Glass Ceiling

Current Employee - N/A  in  Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - N/A in Staten Island, NY

Pros

Working for an agent is a very casual enviorment. Not to much pressure able to get work done

Cons

Hard to climb that ladder

n/a

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!