State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,287 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Best Internship Opportunity our there!

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm

ProsThe internship is a great opportunity to travel (if you're not from Bloomington), meet a TON of other students like you, and really get your foot in the door.
Almost everyone knows about State Farm, so adding it to your resume will make you have pride in where you've worked. The internship is great experience in any field, because there are so many departments within the company.

ConsYou have to be ready for the corporate-culture. The internship always starts off really slow (as does any internship) and then once you get into the swing of things, you will be working a full-time job. Once you have enough work to accomplish, the time will go by very quickly.

Low pay high pressure. Poorly managed place all around.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at State Farm

Pros: mon-fri but that will change anytime the agent thinks it… Cons: Agent is never there and expects you to grow his agency as he wants but never is there to tell you how that is. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nice People - Odd Company Policies

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Capitola, CA

I worked at State Farm

Pros: Friendly supportive staff. Cordial work environment. Upper management followed company rules… Cons: We had to pay for the coffee in the break room, and the policy for sick days was very, very strict. If you missed… Advice to Senior Management: A free cup of coffee goes a long way my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.