There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Low pay high pressure. Poorly managed place all around.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at State Farm

Pros

mon-fri but that will change anytime the agent thinks it is needed.

Cons

Agent is never there and expects you to grow his agency as he wants but never is there to tell you how that is. Unrealistic goals set for ALL employees. Office manager is very nice but only wants to do service work and be left alone. Agent can barely write an auto policy and often tells customers what ever he thinks is best even if it is untrue. You are promised 40k a year pay because of commission but DO NOT expect any more than 30K not matter what and that is being very optimistic. You be told do to whatever it takes to set appointments for the agent to meet with current customers. Good luck because if the agent has something fun to do that day or week he will ask you to reschedule it. Only take this job if you are very very very desperate!

1688 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Nice People - Odd Company Policies

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Capitola, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Capitola, CA

I worked at State Farm

Pros

Friendly supportive staff. Cordial work environment. Upper management followed company rules so if you read the rules you knew what was expected of you.

Cons

We had to pay for the coffee in the break room, and the policy for sick days was very, very strict. If you missed one day without a doctors note, you were docked the days salary. Seriously, who goes to the doctor for a cold or other minor illness. The result of this policy was that people came to work sick. Which got everyone else sick. Very unproductive policy.

A free cup of coffee goes a long way my friend when it comes to goodwill with your employees.

State farm Agency

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at State Farm

Pros

Most Amazing Job in the World...could not be happier!! my first job and will be my last ... great people and great family

Cons

can be stressful.. alot of work.. alot of rejection but it makes up for it being a great atmoshpere love it!

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm