State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,443 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Review of Individual Agent as Manager/Boss

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsState Farm is a fabulous company: they pay their claims, their prices are fair and relatively stable, and the support the regional office offers to it's agent's offices is superb.

ConsMake sure the agent you are working for is a better manager than mine. Agents are independent business owners contracted by State Farm to sell only their products, so agents don't have a guidebook for how they are to treat/pay their employees.

Working for State Farm

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company, i believe in the products and beliefs of… Cons: More involved with multi media Advice to Senior Management: More training in the field for older agents team members Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great benefits and great opportunities

Auto Underwriter (Former Employee)
    Glen Mills, PA

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Opportunities abound for those willing to work outside the job description, have political finesse, are very sociable,… Cons: Be ready to work in a highly stressful environment and to change operations… Advice to Senior Management: Support your workers when they follow established guidelines and procedures. If your worker wants to pursue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.