State Farm

www.statefarm.com

stepping stone to a better place....

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Kernersville, NC

ProsGreat brand recognition. Solid claims service. Very willing to pay claims and pay them quickly. Lots of long-time customers who are emotionally attached to their policies and not shopping every renewal.

ConsAgents are considered "independent contractors" with no benefits but are treated like "employees." The days of working hard for 10 to 15 years building a book of business then relaxing and enjoying the fruits of your labor are gone. You are forced to sell a certain amount of life products each year to get perks like free internet leads and such. However, the rates on our life products are "extremely" uncompetitive. The only way I'm getting a life policy issued is if my client isn't shopping. When cliets are changing cars or buying a new car we don't have the ability to accurately tell them what their premium will be. When we call the support office to get help they aren't able to help because they aren't licensed agents. Therefore the company won't let them "quote." As agents we have no control, no sayso, no power, no influence. And don't bother calling an underwriter for an "exception" or for a little "grace" for ANYONE because it wont' happen. The "system" makes all the decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop CRI, SF Bank, SF Mutual Funds, and Assurant. Get back to the basics of what made this company great by focusing on auto/fire. Maybe after we gain back market share on those lines we can lower the rates on our life products so we can be remotely competitive.

Too many changes

Office Representative (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay is pretty good and benefits are great. Cons: Way too focused on sales and not about the customers these days. Good if… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back some of the old-school "customer satisfaction is the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't do it

Claims Processor (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros: - air conditioned building - they let you park near the building if your on late shift (management… Cons: - micromanagement - if your in a department that is short staffed and their is a promotion… Advice to Senior Management: State Farm is so far behind the times it is shocking, we're slow to adapt and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!