State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,279 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for.

Claims Representative (Current Employee)
Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros-The support you receive from management is superb. I have worked in several different types of business and the support you receive is second to none.
-Many people complain about no advancement opportunities however they expect just their job performance alone will get them promoted. If you look at all the managers, they are almost all involved in different committees and volunteer opportunities. Also you MUST be willing to seek further insurance education to advance. If you ever notice a managers business card or email they all have something like CPCU, ChFC or one or more of those designations. If you don't commit the extra time to your insurance education you wont get promoted, simple as that.
-Opportunities to work all over the country. Many insurance companies may seem big but many not be in all 50 states. State Farm is so if you want to move to another state, there is probably some sort of opportunity there if you want it.

Cons- Because of the company size change can be very slow. Many times the company can lag behind in technological changes that cost the company and therefore the policy holders tens of millions every year because the company either can't or won't change fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they are the ones in the trenches each and every day. They are the ones who know whats wrong with the systems they use every day. Many employees can find ways to make things fast and more efficient if management would listen and take those comments into consideration

State Farm is a great place to work, and most employees are very happy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Bloomington, IL

I worked at State Farm as an intern for less than a year

Pros: State Farm treats its employees really well. They have a lot of opportunities for employees to move around within the… Cons: In order to move up in the ranks at all, you have to spend countless hours of your personal time studying for Insurance Education courses.… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management does a good job of motivating employees to work hard, but they seemed pretty distant in the little time I was there. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to start and then advance out of

Underwriter (Current Employee)
DuPont, WA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits, average 401k, average training, decent work hours (when… Cons: Management lacks transparency, leadership is tight lipped about impending/inevitable change. Advice to Senior Management: Tell us the five year plans, the ten year plans, we are a commited and dedicated workforce and want to contribute now more than ever.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.