There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Great

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Redding, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redding, CA

I have been working at State Farm part-time for less than a year

Pros

Secure and stable co, for sure!

Cons

Low salary work for peanuts?????

Get real

1600 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Claims Representative  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The support you receive from management is superb. I have worked in several different types of business and the support you receive is second to none.
    -Many people complain about no advancement opportunities however they expect just their job performance alone will get them promoted. If you look at all the managers, they are almost all involved in different committees and volunteer opportunities. Also you MUST be willing to seek further insurance education to advance. If you ever notice a managers business card or email they all have something like CPCU, ChFC or one or more of those designations. If you don't commit the extra time to your insurance education you wont get promoted, simple as that.
    -Opportunities to work all over the country. Many insurance companies may seem big but many not be in all 50 states. State Farm is so if you want to move to another state, there is probably some sort of opportunity there if you want it.

Cons

- Because of the company size change can be very slow. Many times the company can lag behind in technological changes that cost the company and therefore the policy holders tens of millions every year because the company either can't or won't change fast enough.

Listen to your employees, they are the ones in the trenches each and every day. They are the ones who know whats wrong with the systems they use every day. Many employees can find ways to make things fast and more efficient if management would listen and take those comments into consideration

A good place to start and then advance out of

Current Employee - Underwriter  in  DuPont, WA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in DuPont, WA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, average 401k, average training, decent work hours (when staffed adequately)

Cons

Management lacks transparency, leadership is tight lipped about impending/inevitable change.

Tell us the five year plans, the ten year plans, we are a commited and dedicated workforce and want to contribute now more than ever. When you blindside us with precedural and structural changes you lose us. If you tell us during planning and before we will help, we will learn, and we will do all we can to make the model fit for us.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!