State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,444 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Wish salary was higher

Auto Claim Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsManagement is incredible. The TMs I've worked for are great at supporting your decisions and encouraging advancement. Most everyone their seems to be genuinely nice people and truly act as a team. Training is great and extremely thought out to help new hires succeed. Paid continued education is an awesome perk! Great benefits, pension, 401k, health, dental, vision, life, etc.

ConsLack in technology! Seems like it takes 10 years to make a change to catch up to the rest of the world and it hurts business. Seems a little political in order to move up but isn't every job kinda like that. Performance may get you noticed but not necessarily promoted. Seems that you really have to network and become popular to have a shot at a promotion, which creates a work environment that promotes social hour instead of producing a quality product. Wish they had offices in bigger cities as most claims offices are in smaller communities. Also appears that we'll be going to a true call center atmosphere by having Work Force Management dictate your every min. Breaks and lunches will be scheduled lol. This isn't Walmart. Oh and salary's need to be higher in order to deal with this lagging economy. OT is necessary just to make ends meet because salary isn't high enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to actually handle claims instead of call monitoring and worrying about how much SF is branded on the phone. Continue to let the employees have the flexibility of handling a claim based on merit. It's quality over quantity. Not work as many as you can... that only ends up creating more work. Start looking at performance over popularity.

Great Company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent management opportunities and career security Cons: Extreme corporate structure and lack of flexibiity Advice to Senior Management: More flexibility in salary review Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Redding, CA

I have been working at State Farm part-time for less than a year

Pros: Secure and stable co, for sure! Cons: Low salary work for peanuts????? Advice to Senior Management: Get real Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.