State Farm

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

College intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at State Farm as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great company. It provides both 401k match and pension plan. Your salary may look lower than the competitors; however if u take into accounts of all fringe benefits, it has a lot to offer!

Cons

The internship program is a bit unorganized. However, since the AFO structure is being replace.... There's no more zone interns I guess?

I want a headquarter somewhere other than Bloomington

1984 Other Employee Reviews for State Farm (View Most Recent)

State Farm has a great corporate culture that promotes movement and growth from within.

Current Employee - Fire Claim Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Fire Claim Trainer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

State Farm offers great opportunity to those who seeking a variety of roles and promotions in their career. There is a big push for continuing education, which State Farm will fund, to make you a continuous learner and more promotable for the next level in your career.

Cons

With the large amount of career advancement opportunity comes travel. Most promotions within claims require moving to another area/state for the position. It makes sense in some roles and others not as much, for example, a position that requires extensive travel, so why would it matter where you reside.

Great working environment filled with people who care.

Current Employee - Secretary in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Secretary in Boulder, CO

I have been working at State Farm part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am always given an opportunity to learn. Every day is a challenge that bring new cases to life. From fires to simple car insurance, this field is always invigorating. Be prepared to learn every day and adapt to any changes that may trip you up at times.

Cons

Insurance can be hard to handle when the situation is saddening. Having a strong backbone is a must.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm