State Farm
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Research Intern

Research (Former Employee)
Champaign, IL

ProsFriendly, conducive, and nurturing work environment. A great platform to build experience, skill-set, knowledge, develop meaningful connections with fellow employees, and impress decision makers. A great true stepping stone to move forward in your professional trajectory.

ConsSlightly far from campus. Less team work and more individual work so you'll have to make an effort to get to know your colleagues. Interns are given the scope of their project at the beginning of the internship and their progress is monitored throughout the semester. It might be a bit difficult to balance work and school but work is flexible and interns manage their own schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore monitoring of interns- biweekly reports of progress. More ice breaking activities between interns.

Boring, but worth it in the long run

Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Shreveport, LA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for less than a year

Pros: Hands down best insurance company to work for. State Farm agents make… Cons: The path to becoming an Agent is very long and competitive, with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's a pretty good sales job

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros: The office is close to home. Cons: poor pay and no benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.