Nice Introduction to Insurance Business

Former Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER in San Francisco, CA

I worked at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Quality Products -Name Recognition of Company

Cons

-Insurance Products Tend to be on the high end of cost, so can make for a hard sell -Entry level positions pay very little -Outdated technology

Other Employee Reviews for State Farm

Worst job ever.. but amazing pay

Current Employee - Auto Claim Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Auto Claim Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is really good. Friends of mine with my college degree are making less in their jobs than I make here. Plenty of vacation time and time to take development courses.

Cons

If you aren't related to someone here, whether by blood or marriage, don't expect to EVER be promoted or moved to another department. It is very obvious when you see who gets positions over others who are far more competent. They actually encourage to date/marry within the company to get better positions, especially if you marry into management. The hours are horrible, and you never know what shift you'll be assigned or Saturdays you'll have to work until 3 months out. If you planned a vacation 6 months ago and they schedule Saturday duty on that weekend, you better be there if you can't find someone to swap with you. It also goes back to my above statement. You won't be working holiday weekends if you're with the right person.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on numbers and call evaluations. I have to show every TM how to navigate our claims system and where things are in the auto policy. I shouldn't have to do this. Hire and promote people who prove themselves.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at State Farm part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity Great Staff and Team Positive reinforcement Personal growth Coaching and developing skill set

Cons

Delayed promotion areas Loyalty is a must to make the amount you see yourself atEntry levels are challenging for little pay

Advice to Management

If you see someone who clearly has the skill set and should be put in an area that they can grow. Do it.