State Farm

www.statefarm.com

Property & Casualty Agent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven though I worked for an agent and not directly for State Farm, the support is there and you can tell they care. I enjoyed most company functions and they people there.

ConsSome of the expectations of a small, scratch agency can be a bit unrealistic. I don't think there is anything wrong with lofty goals but hitting a certain number of applications in one year for just one line of insurance shouldn't make or break your entire career.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's great to celebrate and reward the agents when things are going good - this is not an excuse to berate them or play mind games when numbers are down.

My experience was one-sided and every discussion was centered around how to make State Farm more money.

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You are an independent contractor and somewhat free to make… Cons: If you run your agency as a profitable company needs to run and minimize expenses, you are… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to collaborating with agents to find new ways… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice Introduction to Insurance Business

AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Quality Products -Name Recognition of Company Cons: -Insurance Products Tend to be on the high end of cost, so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!