State Farm
3.5 of 5 1,296 reviews
www.statefarm.com Bloomington, IL 5000+ Employees

Stable, People Focused

IT Architect (Current Employee)
Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFocus on people and their development. Lots of opportunities to move around internally. Promote from within culture. Mature IT architecture and understanding of importance to the organization.

ConsIT organization is very large so its easy to get lost in the weeds. Also due to its size, lots of processes and internal governance structures which can impact solution delivery timelinies. IT focus on attaining Insurance designations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are in a period of rapid change, continue to engage and communicate with employees to express the vision and whats coming next.

Great Work Environment! Love the family atmosphere!

Office Representative Sales (Current Employee)
Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Pay and Benefits. He listens to our input and makes changes in the office work distribution to balance business goals and our personal… Cons: Hours can vary during extreme weather conditions. He likes us to be available to talk to customers about storm damage instead of… Advice to Senior Management: None. Keep listening to your employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Conservative company playing catch up

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Large investment in new technology -Flex time -Pension Plan Cons: -Leadership succession is lacking -Very risk adverse in marketing and technology.… Advice to Senior Management: -Rethink relocation policy, especially in a virtual work environment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for State Farm CEO Ed Rust Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees.