Stable, People Focused

Current Employee - IT Architect  in  Bloomington, IL
Current Employee - IT Architect in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Focus on people and their development. Lots of opportunities to move around internally. Promote from within culture. Mature IT architecture and understanding of importance to the organization.

Cons

IT organization is very large so its easy to get lost in the weeds. Also due to its size, lots of processes and internal governance structures which can impact solution delivery timelinies. IT focus on attaining Insurance designations.

We are in a period of rapid change, continue to engage and communicate with employees to express the vision and whats coming next.

Other Reviews for State Farm

The absolute worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - Claims Processor  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pension plan and that is about it. I think you have to be there for at least 5 years to even get that.

Cons

Workforce Management (which means you have to ask permission to pee and they track your every second of your day), extremely low pay compared to other similar jobs, sick leave is given but if you take it you get "coached" and threatened with job loss

Offer better pay. Claims is a hard job, if you paid more maybe you would have a lower turn over rate. Also, workforce management is a joke. I understand you need to keep track of your employees but no one should have to explain when they need to use the bathroom. Also your training program needs to be looked at. No one should be released to the floor not knowing what they are doing and told that is normal.

Great Work Environment! Love the family atmosphere!

Current Employee - Office Representative Sales  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Office Representative Sales in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at State Farm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits. He listens to our input and makes changes in the office work distribution to balance business goals and our personal strengths. I receive compensation (bonuses) for my sales and receive raises when I reach my individual goals. He is fair and kind to all of his employees. Wonderful to work in his office. The environment, training and ability to set my own salary works for me!

Cons

Hours can vary during extreme weather conditions. He likes us to be available to talk to customers about storm damage instead of letting them go to the call center. Customers love it! It does not happen often and I would never leave this office!

None. Keep listening to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!