There are newer employer reviews for State Farm

Great Culture, Great People

Current Employee - Sales Leader in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In all my years i've never been in a meeting or conversation with anyone that they didn't say, "We are going to put the customer first!" The company has a culture of doing the right thing.

Cons

It is so big people can hide easily, especially managment who really doesn't know what to do but will never be fired.

Advice to Management

No one ever sees managment demoted or fired at State Farm for performance. That culture has to change if they want to remain #1. No one is fearful once they are promoted and most talk a great game and deliver 1/2 their ability!!

reviews filtered by

The absolute worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pension plan and that is about it. I think you have to be there for at least 5 years to even get that.

Cons

Workforce Management (which means you have to ask permission to pee and they track your every second of your day), extremely low pay compared to other similar jobs, sick leave is given but if you take it you get "coached" and threatened with job loss

Advice to Management

Offer better pay. Claims is a hard job, if you paid more maybe you would have a lower turn over rate. Also, workforce management is a joke. I understand you need to keep track of your employees but no one should have to explain when they need to use the bathroom. Also your training program needs to be looked at. No one should be released to the floor not knowing what they are doing and told that is normal.

2. Great Work Environment! Love the family atmosphere!

Current Employee - Office Representative Sales in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Office Representative Sales in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits. He listens to our input and makes changes in the office work distribution to balance business goals and our personal strengths. I receive compensation (bonuses) for my sales and receive raises when I reach my individual goals. He is fair and kind to all of his employees. Wonderful to work in his office. The environment, training and ability to set my own salary works for me!

Cons

Hours can vary during extreme weather conditions. He likes us to be available to talk to customers about storm damage instead of letting them go to the call center. Customers love it! It does not happen often and I would never leave this office!

Advice to Management

None. Keep listening to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for State Farm